The ANG Workshop by Mail program provides a unique, limited-time opportunity to obtain instructions from leading designers for pieces not available on the retail market. This program is designed to be relaxed and unstructured. There is no need for a computer, no discussion list, no classroom, and no deadline. This is simply a project you can enjoy at your leisure. A Workshop by Mail project is also well suited for a chapter program, with each student purchasing the instructions and providing his or her own stitching materials.
Crazy ’bout Crosses, by Rachel Atkinson, is an intriguing open canvas design featuring more than a dozen cross stitch variations. Although a kit is available (ordering details will be included in the instructions), you may stitch the design in any color combination you choose, selecting cotton and metallic threads, beads, and Ultrasuede appliqués to coordinate with your choice of colored 18-mesh canvas and a skein of hand-dyed Watercolors.
Rachel Atkinson is an EGA certified teacher and Master Craftsman in canvaswork. She has taught at chapter, regional, and national seminars for more than 35 years and has written several individual and group correspondence courses for both EGA and ANG.
Finished Design Size: 8.5" x 8.5"
Canvas Size: 18 count mono canvas, cut 12" x 12”
Registration Dates: May 1, 2013 through August 31, 2013.
The preferred method of distribution for this project is through an invitation-only Yahoo! Group, from which the instructions will be downloaded.
Payment: The fee schedule is as follows:
$40 (Electronic distribution via download from a project-specific Yahoo! Group)
$50 (Paper copy mailed to address within the United States)
$55 (Paper copy mailed to address outside of the United States)
All payments are final.
You must be a member of ANG to register.
- To pay by credit card using Authorize.net, use the link below. You do not need to mail or fax a filled-out registration form if you pay via Authorize.net. The Registrar will receive your registration information directly from Authorize.net. (Authorize.net accepts all major credit cards.)
- Click here if you are paying using Authorize.net. Your username is the email address ANG has on file for you, and if you do not know your username or password, you can retrieve it on the first page of the Authorize.net process.
- Please note that you must indicate the distribution method you want – electronic via download from a private Yahoo! Group, or via the U.S. Postal Service.
- To pay by check or money order, mail your filled-out registration form to the address below and include your check or money order made payable to ANG. Please include your membership number on your check.
- To pay by credit card directly to ANG (ANG accepts MasterCard or Visa), mail your filled-out registration form and payment information to the address below, or fax the form to the fax number below.
- Click here for the registration form.
ANG Workshop by Mail
2424 American Lane
Madison, WI 53704-3102
Your completed registration form and check or credit card information must be postmarked or faxed, or your Authorize.net purchase must be made, by August 31, 2013.
Electronic Distribution: If you have not received your invitation to join ANGWbMCrosses within two weeks, please notify the Registrar at WorkshopByMailRegistrar@needlepoint.org. After September 15, 2013, the online files will no longer be accessible.
Mailings: Orders will be filled once each month. If you have not received your instructions within six weeks of registering, please notify the Registrar at WorkshopByMailRegistrar@needlepoint.org. After August 31, 2013, copies of the instruction booklet will not be available.
Questions: If you have any questions about ANG’s Workshop by Mail, send an email to the program Chairman at WorkshopByMail@needlepoint.org or to the Registrar mailing address.